You will appreciate that this policy will need to change over time so we will post changes to this page as necessary when material changes are required.
1. WHO ARE WE?
This website is owned and controlled by Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited trading as Kingsbridge Contractor Insurance.
Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited is registered in England and Wales. The company registration number is 4122238. The registered office of the company is 9 Miller Court, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8DN.
Telephone: 01242 808740
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY
Kingsbridge Contractor Insurance is a trading style of Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited. Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA firm reference number is 309149.
3. THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (THE “GDPR”)
For the purposes of the GDPR, the controller is Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited. We process personal data in accordance with the United Kingdom’s data protection laws, which include the UK retained GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
4. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by browsing or completing online forms on our website www.kingsbridge.co.uk and/or any subdomains (“our site”); as well as any of our forms hosted on other affiliates’ or partners’ pages. This includes information provided when enquiring about product/services provided by us or our partners, at the time of purchasing a policy, or requesting further services and information. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- Information passed to a sales advisor whilst processing a policy over the phone.
- Information from recruiters, accountancy firms or other partners.
We may also process sensitive personal information (defined as special categories of data) such as details of criminal convictions. The source of this kind of personal data is you.
We may keep a record of:
- Any correspondence between you and us;
- Details of the transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of these;
- Survey completions and/or competition entries. You are under no obligation to complete such surveys or enter such competitions; and,
- Demographic, user behaviour and profile data collected on our site.
This information may be combined with other forms of information to permit us to bring together, in aggregated or non-aggregated form, information about the people who use our website. Such information will enable us to understand user preferences in relation to the content of the website, the effectiveness of our marketing and help us ensure any communications we send you are relevant to your interests and requirements.
5. INFORMATION THAT IS AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED
When you enter our website, we use your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also have the ability to know what type of operating system and browser software you use and to identify the geographical location of your browser. Your IP address is also used by us to gather broad demographic information and for other purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency. We may also employ web analytics to monitor mouse clicks and movements, scrolling activity and any text you type on our website. Such analytics services do not record any personally identifiable information. The information is stored and is used for statistical reporting, and although aggregated statistics may be shared with third parties, such as advertisers, the underlying data relating to individual customers is not shared with anybody else.
The cookies that are used for tracking purposes are set by our server and the third parties listed below and are processed only on the grounds of consent.
|Company||What do we use it for?||Visit their website|
|We use Google Analytics to track user activity on our website, identify the source of referring traffic and measure the success of our marketing. We use Adwords to deliver personalised ads to potential customer and customers that have visited our website.||For detailed information on how Google Analytics uses your data and sets its cookies please visit their site via the link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
|Hot Jar||We use Hotjar to record user behaviour on our website. This helps us identify any bugs and potential improvements that will make our website better for customers.||The cookies set by Hotjar and the specific information that they collect are detailed at the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/cookies.|
|Intercom||We use Intercom to manage our live chat function on the website. Intercom places a cookie to identify users and enable them to see previous online chats taking place within the past week.||More information can be found at the following link: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/2361922-intercom-messenger-cookies.|
|Bing||We use Bing to deliver personalised ads to customers that have visit our website and track their success.||You can find out more information about Bing and their policies here: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-gb/resources/policies/microsoft-advertising-privacy-policy|
|Pardot||We use Pardot to send marketing emails and tracking customer interactions with our marketing communications so we can deliver more relevant advertising and communications to our customers.||You can find more information regarding the cookies Pardot uses here: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_basics_cookies.htm&type=5|
|We use Facebook pixels to track visits, enquiries and/or purchases generated by advertising on Facebook.||Find out more about how to adjust your Facebook ad settings here: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217|
|We use LinkedIn insight tags to track visits, enquiries and/or purchases generated by advertising on LinkedIn.||Find out more about LinkedIn cookies and pixels here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy|
The cookies that are set to enable us to improve our website, interact with you more effectively and personalise our marketing and advertising. They enable us to know when our advertising is working and allow us to offer you additional products and services via ads on other third-party websites. Affiliate tracking cookies allow us to see if our customers have come to our site through one of our partner sites so that we can then credit them and apply any discounts upon purchase where applicable.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
A cookie does not allow us to obtain information of a personal nature that could be used to identify you, such as your name or address. We will only be aware of such information if you provide the information to us or you have set the preferences inyour browser to provide this information automatically.
In addition, should you see targeted ads on third party websites and wish to be excluded from this targeting you may disable them by clicking on the ‘Ad Choices’ section of the ad and setting your preferences there.
We use pixel tags on some pages of our website. A pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our website but not on your computer. Pixel tags usually work together with cookies to assist us to provide you with a more tailored service. This allows us to monitor and improve our email communications and website.
If you are unsure of your cookie settings, we recommend visiting the website www.aboutcookies.org. This website gives you detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies depending on your browser type. You can then adjust your browser settings to your preferred level of protection.
7. WHY WE COLLECT CERTAIN INFORMATION AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information for a number of legitimate business purposes, including:
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
· To answer your enquiries;
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· To notify you about changes to our service;
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· To market our products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information when we collect your e-mail address, and also an “unsubscribe” opportunity with each such communication. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Marketing;
· To provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with other trusted parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Disclosure of Information; and
· To release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your personal information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law enforcement agencies.
8. THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION UNDER GDPR
Under GDPR, there are various grounds on which we are permitted to process your personal data. The main grounds that we rely upon are the following:
· Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
· Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal contractual requirements which require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
· Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, such as an insurer, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, marketing purposes such as informing you about our products and services, including compliance with legal requirements and regulations, providing products to you and ensuring that our operations are conducted in the most appropriate manner; and
· Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
We will keep you up to date with relevant news and information regarding products, services, competitions and offers and will only use your data to contact you directly via email, SMS and occasional post. Each email and SMS communication will enable you to easily unsubscribe from future communications sent via that specific method. You have the option to amend your preferences and indicate whether you wish to receive communications about the services that we and our partners offer at any time by through the unsubscribe/manage preferences link in our emails. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com to unsubscribe.
Please note that if you have purchased a policy but have unsubscribed from marketing communications, we will still send you key customer service communications that are relevant to your policy. This may include industry updates that may affect your policy, in accordance with the terms of this statement.
We will not sell your data to any third party nor will we disclose your personal data to a third party for their own marketing purposes unless we have your specific permission.
10. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
11. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we will share your personal information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
If you have purchased insurance cover, we will disclose information held about you to the insurer for the purposes of them providing the insurance cover. Insurers are also subject to the data protection laws and upon transfer of this data you accept that they become a controller in in their own right in respect of your data and you become subject to their privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability.
In certain circumstances we may disclose information about you to other insurance brokers in order to provide insurance quotes to you for other products. Other insurance brokers are also subject to the data protection laws and upon transfer of this data you accept that they become a controller in in their own right in respect of your data and you become subject to their privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability.
Where applicable we will disclose information to payment providers including GoCardless of 338-346 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7LQ and Close Brothers Premium Finance of Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Rd, Wimbledon SW19 3RU who provide the credit facilities that you may utilise in relation to paying the premium for the insurance policy. Alternatively if you pay for your policy using a payment card such as a debit or credit card, we will disclose your payment card data to Sage Pay, a payment card acquirer, of Head Office, Sage Pay Europe Limited, North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 9AA for the purpose of processing your payment to us. We will also disclose information to Sanctions Search of 45 Market Street Hoylake, Wirral, CH47 2BQ who provide sanctions checking services.
If you are eligible to receive retail vouchers as a result of any promotions or competitions we may disclose information to Amazon and/or our voucher administrator, Hemingways Marketing Services Ltd t/a Voucher Express of Metcalfe House, 23H Kirkgate, Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 1PB for the distribution of such vouchers. If you are eligible to receive any other prize or promotional item we may disclose your information to the supplier or fulfillment company to ensure you receive your item.
We may engage a third party to assist us in relation to the site, for example, to provide us with website hosting services. We may also engage a third party to assist with the fulfillment of direct mail campaigns and posting of documentation. If necessary for providing the services to us, we will pass your information to that third party. However, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information at all times.
We have relationships with a number of accountancy firms, recruitment companies and trade and professional associations. If you were referred to us by one of these organisations, with whom you are associated and with whom we have an agreement, we may share with them the status of your policy and relevant information you will have supplied to us during the insurance purchasing process as well as provide a copy of your policy schedule. We will also share this information with the relevant recruiter for you where an IR35 status review through the Kingsbridge Status Tool has been completed for you. If you were referred by a third-party, we may also share details with your recruitment agency, on the grounds of legitimate interest.
We share information in aggregated form with advertisers and other partners. The information in aggregated form permits us to carry out an analysis of user behaviour in general. This allows us to measure overall interest in our site and to help us develop the site to make it more interesting in general terms. We will also be able to inform any advertisers how many users have clicked on to the various advertisements displayed on our site. The analysis we perform does not include any personal information provided by you.
We may disclose your personal information within the Kingsbridge Group and/or to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· Professional service providers such as auditors, financial advisors or legal advisors or consultancy providers; or,
· If Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Terms of Business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that data about you may be collected by these websites which will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us. You also have the right under GDPR in certain circumstances to:
· object to our processing of your personal data where it is based on legitimate interests;
· withdraw your consent where your personal data is processed on the grounds of consent;
· have your personal data erased;
· restrict our processing of your personal data even though we will still hold the data;
· ask for certain of your personal the data to be provided to another provider;
· access and receive a copy of your personal data; and
· ask for inaccurate data to be corrected
Please note that each of these rights is subject to the exemptions and limitations under the GDPR and DPA. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there are limitations on these rights, and we may not be able to action your request. However, if we are unable to, we will give you reasons for doing so.
You may also raise any concerns about our processing of your personal data with us using the details in the Contact section below. You are also entitled to with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a
national rate number
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
After purchasing a product with Kingsbridge Risk Solutions Limited we may pass your name and email address on to our customer review partner Feefo. Feefo is an independent company specialising in collecting impartial customer feedback. Any feedback you provide will be publicly visible on Feefo’s website. You have the option to hide your name from public view but we will still be able to identify you so we can follow up any issues or complaints.
You have no obligation to leave feedback for us, and Feefo will not share your information in any way or market to you in any way. If you wish to opt out of being asked by your feedback, please email email@example.com and/or inform us when you purchase a policy.
We are required to hold certain information for a number of years in relation to the contract(s) we enter into with you (including financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters). This information will not be removed until we are legally or contractually allowed to do so. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with a request for deletion or amendment.
15. CONTACT US